Parent Meeting August 14, 2022 in the parish Hall after Spanish Mass 2 P.M. – 4 P.M.
Please plan to attend if your child needs First Communion. Bring yours child’s Baptism Certificate.
First Holy Communion
The Sacrament of the Eucharist completes Christian initiation and unites us with Christ and with the church. The Bishops at the Second Vatican Council called the Eucharist the “source and summit of Christian life” (Lumen Gentium 11). The Eucharist helps us to recognize the face of Christ in those in need, strengthens our commitment to the poor, and makes us one in Christ. A child’s First Holy Communion is an important family celebration and our program seeks to help children and their parents learn and grow in their faith. It is also an important celebration for the entire parish. Eucharist allows us to encounter God’s infinite love and calls us to be one with him through his Son, Jesus Christ.
In the Sacrament of Reconciliation, we receive the gift of God’s mercy offered to us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus announced the Good News of God’s forgiveness and brought peace to sinners. When we celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation, by the power of the Holy Spirit our sins are forgiven and we are restored to friendship with God. We receive God’s peace and the strength to live as followers of Jesus. It is a sacrament of ongoing conversion, which strengthens us to forgive others and to live more like Christ.
Children make their First Penance prior to receiving their first Holy Communion. Children are prepared for these sacraments in the 2nd grade through the Religious Education Program.
- Candidates must be in 2nd grade or higher.
- Candidates must have been enrolled in a Religious Education program or Catholic school program for the year prior to the year they will receive the Sacrament.
- Candidates must have been Baptized and supply a copy of their Baptismal Certificate on first day of class.
- Candidates must attend the First Reconciliation/Communion class offered at St Mary of the Angels.
- Candidates must provide a copy of the birth certificate.
Come join us in communion around the Lord’s Table.
All children should know the prayers in the Prayer Book